Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Volunteer

I was asked in an email if I am the first volunteer in Uis, so I thought I would share that answer here. No, I am not the first volunteer in the town, but I am the first volunteer at this school. There have been other World Teach people at the high school and there are volunteers teaching there now from Uganda and in the past from Peace Corps. Being the first volunteer at Brandberg Primary may explain a lot of the challenges I have, since they don't know how little I know about the system here and we don't know what to expect from eachother. My field director said that it could provide some new challenges, but my job is to communicate clearly what I know, what I need help with, and what I need them to do for me so that future volunteers can avoid some of these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment