Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh the Irony

Today I was teaching my grade 7 religion class about hammurabi’s code (an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth). We talked about what it meant, what the Bible says on the subject and then they had to apply it to the death penalty. At the very end of class I was wrapping things up when there was a disturbance from the back of the room. I went over to find a boy on the floor and asked why the kid next to him hit him. The response was “he beat me first”. I FREAKED out. I literally yelled “aaaargh!!! This is exactly what I’m talking about!” I was so animated and so clearly flipping out that they all actually paid attention and listened to what I was saying. Mostly they thought it was funny, but man oh man I hope they got the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment