Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Holy Moses...

Alright! One of my assignments for my 5th graders was to write the story of Moses, which we spent three weeks learning about. Here are some of my favorite responses (don’t worry, this isn’t meant to scare you like the science test, I think these are amusing)

Once upon a time there was Moses, Pharoh and Israelites. God came to moses and he said “plz Moses lets this people go” and Moses said “I will try” and Moses go to Pharoh and said “let my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and Moses said “If you ton’t want blood water lets my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and than frogs came and Moses came to Pharoh and said “lets my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and then gnats came and Moses said “If you ton’t want this gnats let my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and than the flies came and Moses came to Pharoh and said “lets my people go” and Pharoh said “no” And boil came. And moses go to Pharoh and said “lets my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and than hail came. And Moses go to Pharoh and said “lets my people go” and Pharoh said “no” and than locusts came. And Moses said “lets my people go” and last thing he do is draw a cross on door and Pharoh said yes and they were live in deserts.
*Fabulous understading of the plagues, no? ☺

the Moses and vero and the and the Jises came and the and the Moses is sea nau vero (Moses say “now pharoh”) the moses is hello the piples and the vero and the vero is not hello the piples (hello=help) but the moses is hello the piples but the vero is not helb the piples but th emoses is help the piples… etc.

Moses want to take away the Israelites but pharoh does not want that Israelites will go and moses say let me take my people and pharoh say no and moses take them to the Deserts and Israelites was thirsty and God say to moses beat your stick on the mount sainai and water came down from mount sainai and moses go up to the mount sainai and Israelites think that moses die and Israelites was hungry and manna came down and they make a false idol.

Once upon time there was Moses and his Israelites. Moses cau (go) to the Pharoh and let my people sis (says) Moses and Pharoh sis no. I yil (will) mika blood in the rifah and the pharoh sis no and the moses and sed mebeh o doent Moses beb me.
*he had a good start… these things tend to make a lot more sense if you read them out loud, just fyi.


You’re welcome for actually typing these out ;) This will hopefully lead to a discussion of religion as I have witnessed it in Namibia, but for right now I have been grading, copying, writing, cleaning, teaching, and supervising library since 7am so I think I’m going to go watch a movie and let my poor brain recover…

1 comment: